Eastside Movies in the Park
The Expedition School has partnered with the Austin Parks Foundation to bring you Eastside Movies in the Park. Join us for this 3-part series and learn about some of the fabulous non-profit organizations in our community.
- All events are open to the Austin Community. Family-friendly. Closed-captioning.
- Venue is The Expedition School – 34 Robert T. Martinez Jr. St., Austin, TX 78702
- Doors open 7:30pm.
- Bring a chair or blanket. Local food vendors will sell snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Spotlight on local non-profits for their community efforts, safety, youth programming, and environmental stewardship.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors:
Fri. April 12th – Reel Paddling Film Festival World Tour 2013 – 8pm
Tickets will be sold at the door – $10 for adults, $5 for youth under 18
An international film tour presenting the world’s best whitewater, sea kayaking, canoeing, SUP and kayak fishing action and lifestyle films of the year on screens in 100 cities across the US, Canada, and around the world. For more information on the films, visit www.reelpaddlingfilmfestival.com. Be sure to visit us on Facebook where we’ll post sneak peaks for the films we’ll be showing.
Colorado River Foundation
Sat. June 22nd – Endless Summer – 8:30pm
Map & Directions
- What can I bring?
You can bring water, blankets, lawnchairs, children.
- Will food and drinks be sold?
Yes, food and non-alcoholic beverages will be available from our food vendors.
- What is prohibited?
Glass, alcohol, weapons, and styrofoam. Please be courteous to those around you – no tents, tables, or grills.
- Where do I park?
Parking is available in 2 lots, both on the North side of the street, 1 West and 1 East of the building. In addition, users may park in the lot adjacent to the Fiesta Gardens West End property. All parking is first-come first-served.
- Is there handicap parking/access?
- Will there be bicycle parking?
Yes, along the fence.
- Are dogs/pets allowed?
- What is the best bus route to get to the event?
2109 Holly/ Robert T Martinez Jr St. – 21 RBJ Center Stop 2 and 22 RBJ Center Stop 2 – visit Capmetro.org for more information.
- What if it rains?
In case of inclement weather, the film will be moved to the following day (Saturday) at sundown.
- Why is the Reel Paddling Film Festival event only $10?
The Expedition School is committed to being a part of the community and to creating events for Austin families to enjoy. Our event sponsors, along with the support of the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department, Austin Parks Foundation and the Alamo Drafthouse, make the evening possible so please thank them and support their missions through volunteerism and supporting their businesses.